Monday, February 22, 2010

Things we do in class...

Introducing...The Whisper Bell!  I usually don't mind the kids chit chatting throughout the day.  They can actually learn a lot from talking with each other.  I can't let the level of noise get too loud though.  I usually ask that the kids use a "windy whisper".  Their voice should sound like the wind blowing through the trees.  If they ever do get too loud I may have to give this whisper bell a tap.  Ding!  Strike One.  This is their reminder to keep their voices under control.  The class gets three strikes and then we are OUT.  3 strikes means no talking!  After a bit of time I usually give them a 2nd set of strikes and we start all over again.  This is an easy way to keep volume levels under control without having to "yell or beg" all day long.  Heheh!

Blog Archive